ARES Is Here To Help You

Insurance can seem complex. There are many different policies available all with different carriers. It can raise a lot of complicated questions. Our job is to keep it simple. We’ll provide you with informative answers to your questions, but won’t get caught up in too much insurance speak. Our goal is to simplify the insurance process. Here are some of the questions we hear the most.

Personal Insurance

If someone borrows my car, are they insured under my policy?

Generally, the answer is yes. Auto insurance follows the car in California so if there’s an accident involving your car while you’re not in it, your insurance can provide you coverage. There are a few exceptions to this, which we will discuss with you when you pick your policy.

Does my homeowners policy include coverage for earthquake damage?

No, it does not. You’ll need a separate earthquake policy in order to get coverage from earthquake damage. It’s important that you talk with with your insurance agent to discuss the specific natural disasters that affect your area and how to cover against them.

Do I really need an umbrella policy?

An umbrella policy is designed to protect your assets. It’s an extra liability policy. Even if you have an auto or homeowners policy, umbrella insurance insures you above and beyond the limits of those policies and covers some situations that aren’t covered by the other types of policies.

Do you offer any discounts?

We do! We can provide multi-policy discounts, discounts for certain occupations and a discount for having bachelor’s degree to name a few. Get in touch with us and we’ll let you know all of the discounts that you could qualify to obtain.

How much life insurance do I need?

The answer to this depends a lot on your lifestyle needs. In order to determine the right amount, we’ll need to do an assessment with you. Once you have your policy, you should review it every five years to make sure your policy continues to offer your loved ones the right level of protection. Major life changes like marriage, birth or adoption of a child, new home purchase, divorce, or health changes should be addressed immediately to prevent gaps in coverage.

Can I insure my wine?

Believe it or not, we have heard this question before. You might be surprised by the answer as well; it’s yes. You can purchase a separate policy in order to insure your wine, which can be very helpful to people that have vintage wine.

What are the benefits of renter's insurance?

To get protection for everything you own, you need renter’s insurance. It covers your personal belongings and liability for you worldwide. Luckily, renter’s insurance is extremely affordable.

Do I need flood insurance?

Flood Insurance is a coverage that is specific to the location that is being insured. If your home is located near a body of water or near a hillside, then we would suggest that you obtain the coverage. It’s important to note that your homeowners coverage won’t protect you against flooding. You need a separate flood insurance policy for protection.One of our primary goals is to develop a long-term, trusting relationship with you. We look to accomplish this by placing great importance on your questions and concerns. Your agenda is our agenda.

Small Business Insurance

What are the exclusions on a general liability policy?

Each of the types of coverage that a general liability policy offers has its own exclusions. It is just as important to be familiar with the limits of your coverage, as with the coverage itself. We can work with you to understand the limits of your policy so you know what is and isn’t covered and if you need to supplement your business insurance with additional policies.

What is cyber liability insurance?

Cyber liability insurance protects businesses against the expenses associated with a data breach, which can be very costly. In terms of coverage, a cyber liability policy can pick up where your general liability policy leaves off. If your company collects credit card information or maintains a database of personal information, you are at risk. The amount of coverage your business or organization needs depends on your level of risk.

What kind of insurance does my business need?

Your business is unique. Your insurance should be customized to fit your business. While all businesses need certain types of coverage—general liability, business property, and workers’ compensation—your other needs depend on your type of business. We can walk you through all of the options and help make an assessment to make sure your covered.

Does California require workers' compensation insurance?

Yes. Not all states require employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance, but California does. Even if you only have one employee, the state requires you to have insurance. If you don’t have it, and an injury occurs, you will have to pay the employee’s medical costs, and risk additional liability in the form of penalties and the possibility of lawsuits. We can help you find the right workers’ compensation policy for your business.